Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design a Microchip MCU Ip compatible require autorisation from microchip inc ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

omar-malek

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi to all?

I have a question about the design of a microcontroller compatible with the PIC18 microchip company.
I have devlopped my ip of pic 18 works very well as real PIC18
but i use the MPLAB to crete the file .hex and i insert it in the memory all the design in fpga . and like this my ipPIC 18 excute the program.
My question is what I would ask permission to use this ip in SOC design? if yes how i can ?
Thank you

If you developed design yourself (either PIC18 clone or software that runs on it), then in principle it's yours to do with as you like.

but i use the MPLAB to crete the file .hex and i insert it in the memory all the design in fpga
I suppose you'd have to check MPLAB license conditions, but given the purpose of that program I doubt it would be a problem.

For in-house applications, why bother asking anyone?
If you publish a design somewhere for hobby / non-commercial purposes, Microchip probably won't care.
If for volume/commercial applications: consult a lawyer (one that's @ home in IP-related matters). Seriously! :evil:

(and if you just sell hardware containing your design, you always have the option the encrypt things / disable read-out, so that it would be near-impossible for 3rd parties to tell if you did something 'naughty')

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back