Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Adding new component in proteus's ISIS professional 7??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

vbhv007

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
heyy....

i want to add a new component to the library of ISIS professional,,,,

component name is 1009cz...it is kinda diode....

how can i do this?????

plz help!!!!!!

thnks
vbhv......

Do you mean a simulation model with the characteristics of this diode?
You can use a similar existing diode to do the simulation and just change the name in the schematic, would that suite you?

Alex

hey alexan_e,

I didint get what were you saying..

i am using this component in my project .... i just want to use it ....but when i go to the existing device library of proteus 7.6 isis...then there is no such device with such mane......i just want to add this device in that libraray ...how can i do this...........

thanks for previous help...
expecting more!!!!

VBHV

I mean you can use a different diode that has similar characteristics (from the ones that exist in isis livbrary ), you can place in the schematic a different diode and then change the text on the schematic and write 1009cz (although this will not change the simulation results but just the visible name)

Alex

---------- Post added at 11:06 ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 ----------

Another way is to get another diode that exists in the library (check for a similar PCB package) and place it on the schematic , then right click it and select make device, change the name to the new one that you want and save it.
Then you will have that name available in the list but for simulation it will behave as the original part before the name was changed.

alex,
i dont need it to show somebody....i am not in school dude.....

i want the work of 1009cz diode not its name......

i hope this is not a joke for you.....
neways
thanks

vbhv

I have no idea of what made you think that I am joking but I can assure you that I am not, what part of my reply made you think that I am joking?

You said that you wanted to add a specific diode component in ISIS and since you didn't specify if this was just for schematic entry needs to create a PCB or for simulation I have immediately asked you

Do you mean a simulation model with the characteristics of this diode?

but again the reply I received was "i am using this component in my project .... i just want to use it"

Since you didn't specify your needs I have given you instructions of how to make a schematic or PCB with the part that you wanted, if you want to create a simulation model with the exact behaviour of the diode you mention then I can't help.

Alex

Reactions: Anklon

Anklon

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
i am soory alex for that behaviour of mine......its just that i was irritated due to some other reason......and then you said that./...
i am really sorry for that buddy....

now talking about the problem..

i want to add the same component to proteus....i think that i can do it by adding the library for that component....but now the new problem has been build up that i dont know how to addd a new library to proteus ....

hope you or anyone can help!!!!!

thanks

nd
again sorry ....

vbhv007

I've seen two kinds of models in proteus, lisa and spice so I think you will be able to add the your component assuming that you have the spice model.

I have tried to add a model once but I wasn't successful.
Start by looking in an existing component like 1N4007, it has a spice model linked to the installation folder /LIBRARY/DIODESINC.LIB

The problem is that apart from the spice model text there are some headers which probably lit the models of the file and I have no idea how to change that, simply adding the model in the file din;t work for me.

What you will be able to do for sure is take an existing component and just replace the spice model to simulate your new component , for example you can make a 1N4007 work like a 1N5400.

Alex

how can i made to work 1N007 work as 1n5007 or watever......

In my example above if you add a 1N4007 in a schematic you will see (in the component properties) that it uses a spice model in DIODESINC.LIB

This files is in the proteus installation folder /LIBRARY/DIODESINC.LIB
and can be opened with a text editor so I suppose you can find the spice model of 1N4007 in the file and replace it with the spice model of your diode , after that the diode will behave like the new model (maybe you will need to update the component in the project to refresh the model).
I haven't done it so you have to experiment.

Alex

is there any method to import the LTC(which is a library file) into proteus??????so that i can view the components in this library in proteus components..............................please help guyz????

vbhv......

[Merged] import library in proteus????

How to import library in ISIS ????i mean a new library to add in ISIS..........

help!! help!!!

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back