Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[MOVED] HELP THIS NEWBIE.... How to design a pcb layout circuit from a old pcb board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbie123

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Respected sirs/brothers...

Am very much interested in making the PCB DESIGN LAYOUT from my game controller's pcb board which is already soldered with some components and wires (and from that, am going to customize it with different buttons).... i believe its 100% possible... kindly help me how to do it...

Am very happy that i found this reputed site today... i was searching for a long long time and now found this great site..

Btw, am very new to this pcb designing..

Even am ready to donate money if anyone design the layout of this board for me... pls bros... help me.. ( Is donating money option available here? )

Thanks in advance...

Pictures of my controller...

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Last edited:

Re: PLS HELP THIS NEWBIE.... How to design a pcb layout circuit from a old pcb board?

My Dear Sir,

Money can not buy Help in edaboard! I hink members will love to help you without money.

But there is no schematic, no circuit. Only pictures of a game controller!

Re: PLS HELP THIS NEWBIE.... How to design a pcb layout circuit from a old pcb board?

My Dear Sir,

Money can not buy Help in edaboard! I hink members will love to help you without money.

But there is no schematic, no circuit. Only pictures of a game controller!

k bro..
and i dont have circuit/schematic diagram.. so is it possible to draw the pcb layout by seeing that board...
i guess its possible.. but am not sure bro..

Its possible but it will take a hell a lot of effort: you need to know if the PCB used is multilayer , the components and connections.... goodluck!

---------- Post added at 08:56 ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 ----------

this is what you call reverse engineering

Its possible but it will take a hell a lot of effort: you need to know if the PCB used is multilayer , the components and connections.... goodluck!

---------- Post added at 08:56 ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 ----------

this is what you call reverse engineering

k bro.. can u pls take a look at the pictures and tell me something..

Your the only one who can check it since you have it ( I can barely see it). Check the Partnumber of bigger IC search it in the internet. R-resistor, C capacitor D-diode check connections. most important is the PCB specification.

Goodluck again to you.

The values are very clear in this following image bro...

**broken link removed**

The Ic is SD758 3AC4 0136HAL 898838..

Why do you want to make a PCB for a commercial product you already have? It makes no sense to me.

Keith

Why do you want to make a PCB for a commercial product you already have? It makes no sense to me.

Keith

am willing to learn pcb designs and going to customize the controller with my own button configuration bro.. was very much interested in doing the research in this..

am a mad in gaming..

I would suggest you just butcher the existing PCB to add whatever features you want without trying to re-do the PCB. If you want to learn PCB layout, start with something simple, maybe on a single sided PCB with through hole components rather than a multi-layer PCB with TQFP compoennts.

Keith.

I would suggest you just butcher the existing PCB to add whatever features you want without trying to re-do the PCB. If you want to learn PCB layout, start with something simple, maybe on a single sided PCB with through hole components rather than a multi-layer PCB with TQFP compoennts.

Keith.

k sir..
which is the easiest pcb layout software for a newbie sir?
i would like to learn from the basics..

Any free ones! I use Eagle. There is a free version with limitations although there may be more fully functional free ones around.

Keith

k sir.. what about express pcb?

can anyone tell me what is this..

**broken link removed**

A flexi-PCB.

Keith

thank u sir..

---------- Post added at 02:57 ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 ----------

i came to know that fcb is made up of either Polyimid(PI), Polyester(PET) or Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE)film..
which one is cheaper sir and the above image is made of which material?

---------- Post added at 03:59 ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 ----------

also now i decided to do a project in gaming controllers in my under graduate course..

can anyone pls guide me how to add a copper coating to polyester(PET) film... ie., as like the above picture, me & my frnds wanna design a flexi pcb circuits for my project work using polyester film..

My questions are:
*Do i need to buy the polyester film alone and to add the copper coating? or
*Do i need to buy the copper coated polyester film? i cant able to find the polyester films pre coated with the copper..
Can anyone pls guide me how to do this?

The main thing is, i need it in cheaper price...

can anyone pls guide me how to add a copper coating to polyester(PET) film... ie., as like the above picture, me & my frnds wanna design a flexi pcb circuits for my project work using polyester film..

You can't. This kind of boards are done by quite few companies in the world. They are pretty damn expensive, and even more so in small quantities. Flexible boards also need some very special design considerations. The process itself requires quite advanced technology and expensive equipment. I don't think there is a chance of one making it at home.

Designing a flexible pcb a quite a high-level, not a beginner-level job (no offense ofc.).

Desigining flexis as pointed out is not realy beginers stuff, but you have to begin somewhere so, start with this:
Flexible Circuit Technology, Fourth Edition by Joseph Fjelstad :: Home
Next point, having a 3D cad system such as SolidWorks helps, so you can design the flex in its finished position, then flatten it to design the routes etc. Most use the sheet metal function of the 3d package to achieve this. If you havn't got a 3D package, paper cut-outs can help.
Getting hold of the material in small quantities is easy if you have a friendly Flex manufacturer you spend lots of money with each year, otherwise e-bay.
Have fun and let us know how you get on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back