Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DAC interfacing with PIC18F4550

Status
Not open for further replies.

srija

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi

I am using PIC18F4550 micro controller to take a analog voltage from any one of the analog channel and to display the corresponding voltage on the analog voltmeter. for this i wonna use a DAC and to connect a voltmeter to the DAC output.

But I want a serial input DAC(which wil have a serial in parallel output register internally) to be interfaced with PIC18F4550.

My question is it possible to read any of the ports(B,D) as a serial data?????

If any reply i would be very thankful...........

Hi,

You have the Pics Hardware Usart on RC6 and RC7.
If you want to use any other i/o Ports you can, but you must write your own Serial code, known as a Software Usart or Bit Banging
There a some ready made examples on the web, though you do not say what language you are using.

Thanku for the reply.
I am using MPLab C programming

hello everyone, well i must apologize in advance since i'm replaying and i can not help you at all, but maybe some of u can help me,, i posted here https://www.edaboard.com/threads/231852/#post988770 a problem i have, trying to generate a dc level voltage depending on the duty cycle (DAC convertion using PWM), i'll appreciate any help you can possibly give me.

thank u in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.