Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Long training symbol in WLAN 802.11n for channel estimation

Status
Not open for further replies.

GRIFINA

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
please help me,i so confused about long training field or long training symbols in WLAN 802.11n for channel estimation, could you explain me about that? or any references can recommended for me?
fully thanks

Legacy Short Training Field (L-STF) The legacy short training OFDM symbol is identical to the 802.11a short training OFDM symbol. The L-STF is BPSK modulated at 6 Mbps. It contains no channel coding, and is not scrambled. The L-STF has a period of 0.8 µs. The entire short training field includes ten such periods, with a total duration of 8 µs.

Legacy Long Training Field (L-LTF) The legacy long training OFDM symbol is identical to the 802.11a long training OFDM symbol. The L-LTF is BPSK modulated at 6 Mbps. It contains no channel coding, and is not scrambled.

Legacy Signal Field (L-SIG) The signal field is used to transfer rate and length information. The L-SIG consists of one OFDM symbol assigned to all 52 subcarriers. This symbol is BPSK modulated at 6 Mbps and is encoded at a ½ rate. L-SIG is interleaved and mapped, and has pilots inserted in subcarriers –21, –7, 7 and 21. The L-SIG is not scrambled.

High Throughput Signal Field (HT-SIG) The high throughput signal field is used to carry information required to interpret the HT packet formats. The HT-SIG is composed of two parts HTSIG1 and HTSIG2, each containing 24 bits. All the fields in the HT-SIG are transmitted LSB first.

High Throughput Short Training Field (HT-STF) The purpose of the High Throughput Short Training Field is to improve AGC (Automatic Gain Control) training in a multi-transmit and multi-receive system. The duration of the HT-STF is 4μsec.

High Throughput Long Training Field (HT-LTF) The High Throughput Long Training field provides means for the receiver to estimate the channel between each spatial mapping input (or spatial stream transmitter if no STBC is applied) and receive chain; the number of training symbols is equal or greater than the number of space-time streams
**broken link removed**

thank you yura as your reply ,but do you know how to create HT-LTF ? because i want aplly some methode like truncated singular value decomposition to HT-LTF to repair the performance system of WLAN.

Thank you yura:smile:
sorry,do u have passion with WLAN?if yes, i want ask or sharing via email. could you give your email?thank you before

I have passion for routers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back