Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Micro controllers programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad70

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can someone please explain which language is more convenient to use for PIC when a complex and large code is needed ?
I am bit confused to which language i should forcuse on .

thk

Definitely C. You can insert asm snippets when you need precise timing or specially compact code.

There are some C compiler. Hi-Tech, CCS, MikroC, from Microchip itself C18 (Microchip compiler starts for PIC18 and above)
-C18; no library (don't know free or pay)
-Hi-Tech; no library, free version also have pay version.
-CCS; have library, need to buy. Free version very limited.
-MikroC; have library, need to buy. Free version also limited.

So far, I just use Hi-Tech compiler. Maybe other share experience other compiler.

No Doubt go for 'C'...use CCS complier...the 'BEST'..

Hope it helps you out :)

Regards,
Santosh kumar

Can someone please hlep me to find a good document/lessons in the net where i can get a basic idea about C

Hello!

MikroElektronika - MicroC

When somebody wants to know how to drive (and does not know anything about the signs
and indications of the road), you give him first a book, not a car.
Same here. Apparently he wants a basic idea about C, so the best way to start is with a book
and a PC.

Dora.

Hello!

When somebody wants to know how to drive (and does not know anything about the signs
and indications of the road), you give him first a book, not a car.
Same here. Apparently he wants a basic idea about C, so the best way to start is with a book
and a PC.

Dora.

No! If you whant to drive You need both car and training! You cant be driver only with book, and without car.

Mikroelektronika have good support for MicroC and not so hard how You think. ;-)

Can someone please hlep me to find a good document/lessons in the net where i can get a basic idea about C

Did You try best school on the World : Internet - Google ?

Try this on Mikroelektronika web site:

User Projects - mikroElektronika

PIC Microcontrollers - Programming in C - Free Online Book - mikroElektronika

at this Mikroelektronika address You have free compiler and free eBooks all with free examples:
Downloads Page - Software, Drivers, Schematics, User Manuals - mikroElektronika

Dora You see not so hard to be good driver, first you must whant to be driver! ;-)
Good driver can be only if You whant to. And best is for start to sit in mercedes then in tata nano

Last edited:

Thank you all. I got usful direction and information from you all at the end. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.