Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Laptop power transformer rated at 3.42 amps... is replacment at 4.7 amps TOO powerful

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Zeno

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

My wife's laptop power brick died a few weeks ago, and I'm looking at a new one.

Question is this, the original power brick ( AC transformer ) is rated at 3.42 amps...... the replacement power brick
I'm looking at is rated at 4.7 amps

The volts are the same by the way.

Am I looking for trouble buying this power brick which is slightly higher in amperage output ?

thanks for any help !

Hey David, as long as the output voltage is the same and the current out is the same or higher, you're fine. Dont think of it as the power supply is supplying 4.7A as it is that the supply can supply up to 4.7A. The laptop will draw what it needs.

Hi autx790, hey thank you very much with that info, great to know ! much appreciated.

I have another question about a battery box - it's a box that has a battery in it, and also a power inverter.... the AC transformer blew on it last week, and I need info on
another one I'm trying to use with it ( it's actually the one I'm asking about in my only other thread I just posted today also )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back