Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ASSURA RCX, RF MOSFETS questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

tianruo

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

When I do some extraction of my layout, I found a strange thing, some big rfmos are extracted while the other small rfmos not. In my HCELL file, this type rfmosfet is included. The version of ASSURA is 4.1_USR2, while the IC is 6.1.5.

Hope someone can help me. I don't want those RF devices to be extracted. Thanks for your help.

Need more clarity on the question. RFMOS "device" extraction should be happening at the LVS extraction stage - what does that has any relation with RCX?
If this is LVS problem - which LVS tool [Assura or Calibre?] Which technology? layout of "big" and "small" rfmos may help, overall more details will help.

Thanks.
LVS tool is also ASSURA, and the LVS result is OK. It's TSMC 0.18um CMOS technology. For example, big means NF=36, L=0.18um, W=3um, RFNMOS; small means NF=10, L=0.18um, w=3um, RFNMOS. My problem is at the station of assura rcx. In the av_extraction view, I can see the parasitic capacitors and resistors in big RFNMOS, but not in the small RFNMOS. I don't want to extracte the parasitic parameters of the RF devices. I don't know why the same type device show different results during the assura rcx.

I also found that those extracted RF devices were specially connected, such as the bulk of the MOS were not connected the GND or neither terminal of RF capacitor was connected the GND, then assura rcx would extracted the parasitic parameters of those RF devices. Is there any optional or set of the assura rcx that I don't know? Please help me to deal with it. Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back