Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR2110 High side floating supply offset voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultrasonic

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am using this chip for driving IGBT's. It's datasheet, High side floating supply offset voltage is 500V max. Is it possible to feed IGT's with 700Vdc, or not? I couldnt understand the effect of IGBT's supply voltage on this chip.

Thanks.

The chip has to generate a gate voltage (using bootstrapping) that is higher than the supply of the high side element, if you apply 700v then Vb will have to become 700v+ which is over the max rating

Alex

The chip has to generate a gate voltage (using bootstrapping) that is higher than the supply of the high side element, if you apply 700v then Vb will have to become 700v+ which is over the max rating

Alex

so what can I do for amplftying output voltage? Briefly, I have 300Vpp signal at the output of H-bridge based on IR2110 and IGBTs. I want to get 450V-500V signal. I dont prefer to add a step-up transformer to the output, because I dont know anything of it, and also nobody around me to design it for me. Than I tried to increase IGBT's supply voltage to increase output voltage. But it seems impossible with this bootstrapping, sweety,sometimes lazy,sometimes crazy chip :'(

They make other versions that are rated up to 1200V, such as the IR2213.

IR2113 can work with 600v, will this suite you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back