Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dcimation filter for high order decimation rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

itmr

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi ALL

I working on aplication that i need to sample 1.9Khz signal by 1Mhz , its mean 512 OSR - AFTER SIGMA DELTA MODULATION ( FOR SEPARATE the quantization noise from the signal) i need to decimate the signal by decimatin rate of 512.
i decided to use CIC filter to decimate by 128 and then cascade more 2 FIR - one as compensator and the other for the phase linearization.

the DC gain in the CIC is a function of the DECIMATION RATE AND THE STAGES so i getting about 100 db in the dc...

i need to create compensation filter to compensate the very large GAIN that i getting in DC ( about 100db).
to get flatness passband i need to use inverse sinc fir compensator that attenuate by 100 db in the DC...

does some one have another solution to this problem ?
does some one have expirience with the inverse sinc filter?

THANK U ALL

I don't understand about a CIC DC gain problem. A CIC decimator with power of two decimation factor is usually designed to have unity gain for the most significant bit and a bit width according to the application requirements. It doesn't make sense to refer gain to the output LSB, I think.

Frequency compensation with a FIR is reasonable however and can be found in most oversampling ADC chips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back