Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reported power in AD9822 is in rms or average?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky.king07

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can someone tell me, reported power in AD9822 is rms or average? What is industry practice for reporting power for an IC (i.e. rms or average)? Companies like Analog Devices, TI etc, reporting power in rms or average in datasheet?

You are apparently referring to DC power consumption, thus the answer is: Both, rms and average power for DC voltage is just the same.

better to ask ad ,ti. as far as my understanding it should be rms power, as our homes appliances quotes rms power dessipation.

as far as my understanding it should be rms power
Did you understand which power dissipation the original question is talking about? Perhaps you can enlighten me.

My question is whether clock and input signal is applied while measuring power dissipation of a chip at front-end level? If clock is on the rms and avg. power will not be same?

In your opinion, what is the difference between average and rms power? Average current and rms current are of course different quantities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back