Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved] Where to find someone to hire for small electronics project

Status
Not open for further replies.

wormywyrm

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Having taken a couple classes in digital electronics, I am mildly aware of what it takes to design a circuit and I would say that what I am looking for is fairly simple. I am looking for someone to either design a circuit and possibly also create a prototype for me (although I may be able to do this on my own depending on costs) and am willing to pay.

It needs to be a simple battery powered circuit (under 60 grams). It should have some sort of timing mechanism which beeps every 3-10 seconds. There would be a sensor (either a motion detector or a touch sensitive sensor) which when set off will reset the timer (thus delaying the beep for another 3-10 seconds).

It would be especially useful, but not required, if the volume of the beep and the duration of the timer were adjustable by the user.

I was wondering if anyone from the forum has a suggestion on how much this project could cost and where I can post to hire someone to do this.

Re: Where to find someone to hire for small electronics project

Two 555 timers or a single 556 timer ic can do the job. Ist timing ic is set to 3-10sec in astable mode. Second timer is trigered by the output of first. Second ic is set to timing duration of beep around .5 sec for example..
Now we are getting .5 sec duration beep every 3-10 sec. A volume control of 2K ohm in series to buzzer can control volume. Using piezo buzzer will save battery. A touch sensor made with a darlington transistor shortens the timing capacitor of first oscillator and stops 3-10sec timer, when released, timing stars again .

Generally ....once you start the project.....then requirements changes .....as you said it need to have motion sensor or touch sensor....I will recommad you go with a micro-controller circuit like PIC16F887a bcz your project also have timer and sensor application....also you can think of adjustable humen control by many methods in micro-controller based projects....how ever the cost of project will be bit more than that of IC555 timer as ALTERLINKS said....but many people will be help you out then and many things are readly avaliable on internet too....

Good Luck

Hm that is very interesting, but I probably won't be doing it myself. Does anyone know of any resources to find freelancers to help me with this? One that does not cost $$ (CL freelancer.com charge like 50-300$ to post) since this is a very small project.

Status
Not open for further replies.