Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Note texts in Cadence schematic editor disappear if not Viewall() in layout editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanderpollator

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Whenever I did not have Viewall() in the Cadence Virtuoso layout editor, I could not see the note text in Cadence Composer schematic editor. Every time it happened, I had to open the layout editor, hit the Viewall() command, then, went back to schematic editor to see all the note texts. Is there any way to make note texts visible in the schematic editor even I did not view all the layers in the layout editor (either in the currently opened layout editor or the previously closed layout editor)?
Thanks.

Suggestion: Look up the Viewall() command syntax in your cds.log file, then bind this command to a schematic bindkey.

Thanks, erikl.
Your suggestion works like a charm. It solves the problem that dogged me in the last few years. I modified my .cdsinit file and basically changed from hiSetBindKey("Layout" ---) to hiSetBindKey("Schematics" ---) for Viewall() command. Now, even I only view a few layers in the layout editor, I am able to see note texts in the schematic editor.
Thanks.

Congratulations! This was even more simple. Thanks for reporting back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back