Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

netbook HP Compaq mini 110c battery problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

js

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
have anybody pinout of 5pin connector on batterypack Compaq mini 110 ? (HSTNN-LB0C)
notebook only power with network adapter! I will test batery pack but haven't pinout!
Where can I get service manual?

1 - "-"
5 - "+"
other three - clock, data, nc. Do not know where what but anyway, for repairing battery it is necessary will open.

Service manual is useless since will there be a recommendation to change wholly battery.

Useful for repairing battery - Battery EEPROM Works

If I charge acu with external charging unit will battery work or must I reset internal chip?
I think for begining it is necessary to define, why battery does not work and what electronics is used in it.

Reactions: js

js

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
1)
external voltage is 0V

2)
we opening batery pack and 2 celles have about 3,7V but middle celle have 3,6V

3)
view inside:
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

1. looks that controller has torn off internal battery fuze from some considerations
2. quite well check voltage on сells under light bulb load (attached to whole battery)

Reactions: tushki7 and js

js

tushki7

Yes....middle cell is dead! :(

I don't agree with what you have done. Service manual wil not do help at all, it‘s hard to repair your battery by yoursel.:roll:

Laptop battery is a consumable item, the battery life depends on its charge and discharge times, as long as he decided his life (more charge and discharge times will make its actual capacity get lower and lower than the design capacity, when reach the end, the battery is over.) You can check out the battery warranty, then get it repaired by aftermatket centre if it is still under warranty. the lowest usage time for hp is less than five minutes or 15 minutes) If you don't use the battery frequently and just been kept it inside the computer with the AC external power plugging in , the main cause of this problem will be some memory error from battery memory chip, maybe you can try to deeply discharge your battery .........

what you should do is to set you laptop as not shut down, not standby when the battery capacity is lowest(drained its power), you can change such setting in the advanced settings in the control Panel power Options. then make the battery be fully charged, boot your computer without an external power, which can discharge your battery completely. you can recharge it when reach to 0%. Make the operation cycled 2 to 3 times, then the correct memory of your battery will be restore.

Off course, if your battery is aging, it's highly recommended for you to buy a new battery replacement. I once bougt one at **broken link removed** , also fit the HSTNN-LB0C, the item works well, above all ,the price is reasonable. Off course , ebay will be a good choice also. :p

you can go to Billiger **broken link removed** mit hoher Qualität und günstigem Preis. Alle HP COMPAQ Mini 110C Akku vorrätig Sonderangebot bis zu 35% Rabat. auf rabattakkus.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back