Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microprocessor & microcontroller & DSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

renoz

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi to all

am beginner, i want to know the clear difference between microprocessor & microcontroller & DSP in pratical way

thanks advance

hi to all
am beginner, i want to know the clear difference between microprocessor & microcontroller & DSP in pratical way
thanks advance

Microprocessor is a basic block of automation. It has basic facilities which helps automation. Processor doesn't come with any peripherals. Needed peripherals are needed to be interfaced with the processor before using it for any application.
Microcontroller is a type of a small embedded system with a microprocessor and other peripherals already interfaced with the processor.
DSP is the processing of digital signals using specific methods. These methods can also be implemented using software like MATLAB etc.. DSP processors are also available..

ya,thank you,but i want to know about difference between DSP and them

---------- Post added at 12:31 ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 ----------

but i need difference between them .ok ,i leave,i will see ur answer later

thank u for ur valuable answer rakesh.

ya,thank you,but i want to know about difference between DSP and them

Actually controller or processor deals with specific coding for some specific automation work..
Whereas DSP deals with the analysis of signals and these signals are processed.
Processed in the sense that we can make a few modifications in the signal, get a delayed sequence or compare with other sequences.

DSP is totally a different line from controller. We can use controller to implement the DSP and its various functions

they are essentially the same. Instruction set and microarchitecture for microprocessors are more generic and those for DSP are more optimized for signal processing. Just like a passenger car and a truck. They all have 4 wheels, an engine, a transmission, but optimized for their own purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back