Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

installing cadence ic615 hotfix on ubuntu (usb boot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

naveenbj

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi my name is naveen.
i am new to linux and vlsi layout designing.
i need to know how to install cadence virtuoso 6.1.5 (hotfix) on Ubuntu 10.10 ultimate edition (i am using ubunt from the pendrive thats usb bootable)
i have enough space on the pendrive to install cadence virtuoso 6.1.5 on the pendrive as the persistence is 6GB space.
can anyone pls help me with this and if possible a video on youtube would be very helpful for people like me...
thanks
regards
naveen

You also need the Base IC615 to install with this hotfix.

hello naveenbj,
I would prefer to install it in the RedHat. This is the operational system informed in the Cadence Manual.
The last time we have tried to install in the ubuntu, there were a lot of libraries that were missing. If those libraries were installed, it may be possible to run Cadence. But the installation process was much more straightforward using Redhat. The cadence manual also suggests Redhat.
I’m don’t remember the exact version of the Redhat we have used. But again, there is a minimum version of the kernel (redhat). If you install very very old versions, you will have problems as well).
I hope it helps. :)

Hi, Can you please help me installing IC615 hotfix ? I have downloaded but don't see the 'sdx' file and the Installscape does not recognise the source directory. Is there any specific method to install the hotfix ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back