Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to choose emulator for processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kindaichinisan

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am developing a hardware module which uses a chip with embedded MIPS 24KEc processor. From 24KEc® Hard IP Cores, it seems that the MIPS 24KEc is a MIPS 32-bit processor. I am looking for a emulator to jtag the chip? How should I start searching for emulator?

I was recommended by the OEM to use MAJIC probe (or Sourcery probe) but that requires me to buy new hardware+firmware and software which costs a lot. I currently have Abatron emulator (**broken link removed**) which can support MIPS32. I am inclined to use Abatron emulator but am not sure if it can be used for jtag to the chip, as my hardware module has not been developed yet.

Abatron is High-speed BDM/JTAG Interface for debugger .... Why you call it " emulator" ?

Abatron is High-speed BDM/JTAG Interface for debugger .... Why you call it " emulator" ?

I was recommended by my colleague that BDI3000 may be a suitable emulator to replace the Sourcery probe that I may purchase.

I thought debugger and emulator mean the same thing: both for debugging hardware system by time-stepping. Or maybe debugger is the hardware portion and emulator is the software portion.

Pls correct me if I am wrong. Thanks

**broken link removed**
Maybe can help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back