Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using a wireless motion sensor to shut off power [HELP!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtalia86

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone, i have a little project that requires a rather unusual device

Basically i need to have a wireless motion sensor with a 2 hour time delay to shut off the power to a 240v device.

so if the motion sensor doesn't detect any motion for a period of 2 hours it must wirelessly cut the power to the device, then once it detects motion again it would turn it back on.

Would anyone here know how i would go about doing such a thing?

Thank you in advance

Matthew

Does it have to be wireless as in radio ?

or did you really mean non-contact ? The infrared motion detectors used in the alarm industry along with a timer unit could be adapted for your use :)

Dave

The infrared motion detectors used in the alarm industry along with a timer unit could be adapted for your use.
A standard PIR light switch will be cheaper. An universal time relay configured as retriggerable off-delay should do.

I wanted the sensor to be wirelessly turning off the device, yes as in radio receiver. could you give me a good online store to buy these components?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back