Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help in My Home Automation Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellototrushal

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Description:I am building a Home Automation project....This project's main implementation are CAN & RC5 protocol.In a home i am installing single node for each room.Node to Node communication will be done through CAN protocol and User to Node is done through RC5 protocol.All my coding and testing part is 80% done....

My Problem:As every room already has pre-installed electrical switches...then what kind of circuit or technology should be applied there so that i can control every electrical & electronics equipment using my projects relay panel as well as with those electrical switches.

Is there any circuit or technology ????????? Please help me......

I hope you great hearts will understand my problem and reply soon.

Thanx in advance...

I think your problem is bit more complicated that what you are seeing see....Electronic Circuits generally operates at lower voltage rating ( expect power electronics ) ....And in building automation project that you are saying have high voltage control ( i think 220 or 110 V ) by switch.....If you want to replace the switches using electroic circuit and control them is very complicated as you need to have that many control lines and switching devices in coupling with your buliding switchs.....there is very nice electrical wireing problem ....I think you meight be knowing is called as stair-case wireing , where people have need a control of making light of stair-case to be on from two position ( start of stair case and end of stair case )....so they come up with s solution of two way switches......I think one of that switch can be made using Electroincs devices like realy or Power MOSFET and Opto-coupler....may workout for you.....If you want I can send you the stair-case wireing diagram....to have some more idea....

Good Luck

Hi hellototrushal,

Here is circuit diagram of stair case wiring using two two way switches .....if you can replace one of the switch using either power mosfet and opto-coupler combination or two relay and give the control to the circuit using your automation station .....you can make the automation .....but look at this way you need to route at least two or three signals like control,status and acknowledgement....bcz the first switch postion can be any thing ....I mean close or open based on some body had made device ( lamp or tubelight socket etc.) on from that location.....

I hope you can take this foward to trun to make useful solution to for your automation work....

with regards,

Milind staircase_wiring.png

Status
Not open for further replies.