Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2800W 120V single phase rv generator spec information

Status
Not open for further replies.

robismyname

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Im looking at a onan cummings rv qg 2800 rv generator. I know some generators have 12V dc outputs as well. This particular model does not but i noticed in the spec, on page iv, under the DC System section, it says nominal battery voltage is 12 volts. What does this mean? I attached the link to the generator spec.

Does this mean there is an available 12VDC that I can somehow tap into and use as a 12v DC source in some way?

**broken link removed**

It also shows 5A fuse for 12V dc. This data sheet is not spesific to a cetain model but contain many general instruction, like,
WARNING EXHAUST GAS is deadly. MOVING
PARTS and ELECTRICITY can cause severe
personal injury or death. To reduce exposure to
these hazards, always disable automatic genset
starting before:
 Sleeping in vehicle, unless vehicle has a
working CARBON MONOXIDE detector
'Sleeping in vehical' is totally irrelavent. If it starts automatically, then it needs battery and a charging system. Even there is a provision for 12V dc for charging battery in many generators where there is no need for battery, you pull a cord to start the engine If there is 5 Amp fuse and no connector for 12V dc, you can still look inside for 12V supply.
If the vehicle has provisions for connecting shore
power, it must also have an approved device to keep
the genset and shore power from being interconnected.
Datasheet urge you to check it yourself!

It also shows 5A fuse for 12V dc.

So the fact that there is 5amp fuse on the generator internal battery and the charging circuitry/alternator loop indicates that the generator can perhaps supply 12 V up to 5 amps without damaging the generator internal charging circuit/alternator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back