Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is there a way to delete EDAboard.com account?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Ameya Khandekar

Hello , I don't think I would be able to contribute much to edaboard.com and would hardly be using the site. Is it possible to delete edaboard account. If yes, I would like to do so.

Hello , I don't think I would be able to contribute much to edaboard.com and would hardly be using the site. Is it possible to delete edaboard account. If yes, I would like to do so.

Contact administrator Gulson.

We are sorry that you are going. :-(

i want to delete my account too. please reply soon.

i want to delete my account too. please reply soon.

I don't see the purpose of deleting an account, you can just stop using it.
Is the purpose of deleting the account to remove all prior posts?

I don't see the purpose of deleting an account, you can just stop using it.
Is the purpose of deleting the account to remove all prior posts?

Privacy must be respected. If a user wants to delete his account because of confidential reasons then he must be given the option to do so. As per the removal of "all prior posts", my answer is "partially yes". Its sad edaboard does not allow users to edit posts, after submitting them and if somebody has already replied to it.

Last edited:

"Privacy must be respected" - but you are posting on a public forum! Anything you post is not private.

As for the editing of posts - you can edit them for a while to correct mistakes but we have had instances of people editing past posts to completely remove their original questions. This destroys part of the purpose of the forum because other peoples questions and answers can help other people with the same or similar problem. The objective is not to ask your question, get the answer and then remove all trace of the original question.

If you don't want your request for help to be public, don't post on public forums.

Keith

Privacy must be respected. If a user wants to delete his account because of confidential reasons then he must be given the option to do so. As per the removal of "all prior posts", my answer is "partially yes". Its sad edaboard does not allow users to edit posts, after submitting them and if somebody has already replied to it.

There is no privacy on public forum, except private messages.

Okay thank you moderators. I got the idea. But this one last time I need to delete my account. So please allow me to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.