Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can we run ADS with netlist file only?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nxing

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ADS simulation

Hello everyone,

I got some problems with ADS simulaiton and need help:

1): Can we run ADS with netlist file only? I have my schematics in ADS and then export it to ADS netlist file (I tried all of exporting tools: dracula,
Assura and calibre), after that, I try to run the simulation with Netlist file only, the simulator reports some errors concerning the netlist format. Can anybody give me an explanation?
2): I used the model provided by the foundry for ADS simulation, however, it always report the error message "Incorrect number of terminal specified for "some component" ", I checked the definition of "some component" in the netlist file I included during simulation, it's a subcircuit. Why?

Thanks

Re: ADS simulation

The answer for the number 1 is yes. I imported some spice models. The output was a netlist, and got no problem with the simulation. For the 2nd question, I cannot answer, gotta know how you set it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back