Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Super LED Light 60LEDs@3.2V & 20mA on 9Volts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? i though that if you put batteries in parallel you increased the capacity , like you increase voltage in serial...
AAA you say, ill check that out. How many do you think i would need to power 1 of those LED's, maybe 2 in serial?

Really? i though that if you put batteries in parallel you increased the capacity , like you increase voltage in serial...
AAA you say, ill check that out. How many do you think i would need to power 1 of those LED's, maybe 2 in serial?

For paralleling batteries must be special analyzes be performed with special device wich will give batteries with similar characteristics.

Rather use serial connection.

How many? Nominal voltage is 1,2V then for 12V You need 10 in serie.

_NIMH-10_600RS.JPG099-038.jpg

Last edited:

ive ordered my LED's and they should be here soon :) i ordered 10mm led's and the SMD ones
i think this will be very bright :p

I got the Led's in the mail today, i already tested out the 10 Lumen 10mm Led ( 1 series of 6 leds on 3 9V batteries) and now im wondering about those 4 smd ones i got. photo.JPG
im wondering howdo i connect those up to the power source ? why the 3 pins on each side ? any help would be great!

I got the Led's in the mail today, i already tested out the 10 Lumen 10mm Led ( 1 series of 6 leds on 3 9V batteries) and now im wondering about those 4 smd ones i got. View attachment 64584
im wondering howdo i connect those up to the power source ? why the 3 pins on each side ? any help would be great!

If You buy SLHNNWH629T0 this leds have 160-180lm typical at 180mA at 9,7V.
Here is datasheet for that samsung led you have pins diagram :

SLHNNWH629T0.jpg

At mark is pin 2.

Pins 1,2,3 are cathode.
Pins 4,5,6 are anode.

1-4 first
2-5 second
3-6 third

This led need higher voltage level, to put two in serie you need 18V at 180mA.

Attachments

• pro.pdf
    118.1 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

Capture.PNG

I connected it to a 9V battery and it lit up :)
but what i see in this diagrai is 3 series of 3 LEs with what im guessing is fault protection for each series, so can i connect each pin individually and have 3 switches to regulate how bright it is ?

actually i want to do 4 in series! can i do that with 4 9v batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back