Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HELP with Output to Input port voltages (data buss) please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

3BABY

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys,

im having some major issues trying to connect a 18F8722 to a 18F4550 - the 4550 is on an EasyPIC6 and the 8722 is on a BIGPIC6, i have PortG of the 8722 connected to PortB of the 4550 via 8 separate wires, all ports are pulled down via 10k resistors and i have used a common ground for both boards.. the problem is im not getting the data across on the 4550.. when the wires are connected i have like 1.8 volts on the line at logic 1.. when i disconnect the 4550 end of the line i have around 4.96v at logic 1... whats going on? what am i doing wrong?

any help would be much appreciated.. ive been trying to fix this issue for hours! ive tried a different board, different ports, difference uC's and still have the same issue.. it had to be a earth problem no?

HELP :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.