Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Soldering BGA? Producing a PCB around a Motorola 555

Status
Not open for further replies.

mms

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hobby solder bga

Hi,

I am willing to produce a PCB around a Motorola 555 microcontroller. But this is a BGA packaged chip and I can't solder it myself.

Does anybody know of a company that can solder BGAs for proto boards (ie. not at a high cost and in indicidual quantities) ?

PS: I'm in France, so please links only in European Union, thanks

Re: Soldering BGA ?

hai,

iam also need it

anybody have the facilite in india like in chennai or bangalore

bye

solder bga?

I think you need to look for metal mask stencil maker.
Or some one that can cut by laser those opening on a
0.15mm stainless steel metal plate. Once you have this
you need to buy a solder paste and appy this on the opening
by using metal squeege.
This process normally is use in SMT manufacturing.

Hi,
you can do it on your own ((-:
have a look here h**p://wwwbode.cs.tum.edu/~acher/bga/index.html
Unfortunately it's in german, but you can see the ideas behind this approach.

i think it's not easy

If the pin count is low, I can do it with a heat gun. You must mark the PCB with an outline so that you can center the part. Touch a soldering iron to each PCB pad with a little solder and then remove it with solder wick so that each pad is tinned. Place the part on the board and then heat it with the heatgun. I use a wooden toothpick to gently push the part down to hold it in place when the solder reflows. It would be nice to have a paste stencil but sometimes you cannot afford one. This won't work if you have already removed the part and the balls are damaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back