Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved] need STE53NC50 MOSFET PSPICE library

Status
Not open for further replies.

yviswanathbe

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Friends,

I want to simulate my circuit in Orcad PSPICE.

I did not find the library for the component(STE53NC50 Mosfet) i am using.

Can any body help me how to create the PSPICE model for this part or can some body share me the library if already used.

Thanks and Regards,
Viswanath

Re: need STE53NC50 MOSFET PSPICE library

The suggested method is as such:
Go to the manufacturer website and search for a SPICE model. If they don't have it (as in this case), it most likely doesn't exist. Then you can refer to other transistors with almost similar data. Or try to setup a generic part with the respective PSpice tools.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I have searched the Manufacturer's website. It seems they do not have the PSPICE model for this part. I have put a request mail for the model.

Can i create my own model for this part by using datasheet?
Could you please share some tutorial on how to create own PSPICE model?

Thanks and Regards,
Viswanath

I guess, searching a similar transistor or paralleling several lower current devices will be the most easy way. The other available method is using the PSpice Model Editor tool and needs basic characteristics like Rds,on and Id versus Vgs and capacitance numbers.

As an additional remark, for a reasonable simulation of circuit behaviour, you posibly need to add package parasitics, particularly inductances. They are not considered in most basic vendor and PSpice shipped models, although some have it, e.g. from ST.

I would also recommend the method suggested by FvM. Also it would depend upon type of circuit & design goal on how accurate model you need. based on that you can focus on tailoring the model accuracy only for your specific need, for example if you are designing gate drive circuit you may want more accurate gate capacitor/charge behavior in your model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back