Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with RS232 to GPIB Converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mehdi1357

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi my dear friends
I want to communicate with a LCR meter instrument (LCR-8101) through a GPIB bus. my GPIB controller consist of a PC with HyperTerminal program and a RS232 to GPIB Converter (GPIB-232CV-A) which have set to C MODE (Controller mode,8bit,no parity,38400 Baud rate & GPIB Address 1 ).

GPIB.jpg

GPIB Address on the LCR-8101 and GPIB-232CV-A are same as each other(1).
I have made a txt file with Notepad++ that contained with only:
*IDN?<LF>
I sent this file from HyperTerminal with 38400 baud rate to GPIB-232CV-A Converter, but GPIB Instrument (LCR-8101)didn't answer to my request.
Plz tell me what is my problem?
is my Txt file correct?
according to LCR-8101 datasheet all commands should be terminated with <LF> character.

Attachments

• GPIB.jpg
    GPIB.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 110

Did you actually type <LF> or use the ASCII character 10?

Did you actually type <LF> or use the ASCII character 10?
Yes,even i captured my serial port with "HHD Free Serial Port Monitor" software, and i saw my request string was correct.
Serial port monitor showed my request string was:
2A 49 44 4E 3F 0A
that's equal with:
*IDN?<LF>

It sure is, have you tried using a lower baud rate and are you sure you are using the correct handshaking? From a quick look at the GPIB converter manual it expects RTS/CTS.

Unfortunately I don't have any experience with GPIB so I'm sorry I can't be of more help.

I think there are some reductions in my txt file.
But i don't know that.

Please tell me how can i send "Multiline Interface Messages" from Serial port.(When ATN pin is actived).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back