Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

differentiate between design with sdk and without sdk

Status
Not open for further replies.

myms

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi respective members,

I am newbie in FPGA environment. Some of my scope is to test and verified design with FPGA board. Realized that the design consist 2 type, which is :
1] design with sdk
2]design without sdk

Aware that sdk is stand for Software Development Kit. And i use ISE design tools 8.2i to configure my FPGA.

Could you all help me explain what the different between 2 design mention above?I am really confuse regarding to this. Appreciated all your effort.

Thanks in advance.
Rgds,
myms

Hi,

In EDK part you have two types
1, XPS (for hardware platform)
2, SDK (for software platform)

You are using ISE design tools 8.2i in which inside XPS you can write c/c++ code for controlling you hardware...
in this case no need to use SDK for writing c/c++ code's(design without sdk) or if you want you can use SDK tool to write c/c++ code (design with sdk)
and you can check line by line of your code in SDk during implementation(if any thing goes wrong in code)

But in recent version of ISE (13 onwards) you cant write software codes in XPS(only hardware platform) they have removed, you have to use SDK (only software platform)

Hi sanju,

thanks for the prompt response.appreciated it.

We already write the code of the design. How can i verify that the design are with sdk or without sdk? is there any specific file in sequence at the sources window on ISE design tools?

Please anyone help me. Im sorry for the silly question but i am a newbie in FPGA. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back