Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC PC Keyboard Interfacing

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberstudent99

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
i am searching for a "C" code for pic, i have searched here, but all the information available is about this interfacing.

keyboardsch.GIF

**broken link removed**

(Data is sent to Microcontroller which is then processed to PC Via RS 232 Connector)

But i need information in opposite case, in which data is sent from pc and is sent to microcontroller via rs232 and then processed to one of PICs Ports.

Any help is much appreciated, thanks

If I understood well, it is a simple TX-RX. Pins 10 and 11 (suppose TX and RX) of the ucontroller would be used.
You can use Windows Hyperterminal or any other serial communication software to do it.
You just have to set the serial interrupt, or poll the ucontroller RX buffer. Then, you check what was the ASCII code received and perform the desired operation.
Don't forget to clear the serial interrupt flag after reading the serial buffer.

"But i need information in opposite case, in which data is sent from pc and is sent to microcontroller via rs232 and then processed to one of PICs Ports."

Is this circuit purpose linked with some LCD scroll text display?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back