Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help on Yagi antenna design

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleach786_fan

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, i am doing a project on yagi antenna and would like to know the formula for calculating azimuth,elevation and array factor as these are needed from what ive read to draw the radiation pattern.

i hav chosen a freq of about 900MHz and i am starting with a 6 element yagi.
I would also like to obtain matlab code for drawing radiation pattern.:???:

Hi, i am doing a project on yagi antenna and would like to know the formula for calculating azimuth,elevation and array factor as these are needed from what ive read to draw the radiation pattern.

You might try looking for either an online calculator ( VHF/UHF Yagi Antenna Design by dxzone.com ), or Google 'yagi antenna design' and take a look at various ham-related software tools that will make your project easier.

Regards,

Michael
K6MLE

Hello,

You could also try using **broken link removed**.

Yagi.PNG

thx for trying to help!!my problem is that i dnt have equation for azimuth and elevation for yagi. I have seen equation for others but they are for linear and yagi is not linear.

The calculator does not recommend to use a 6 element yagi for such a frequency. I have google for 2 months already and yet i cant see any equation for yagi.
an sof seems to provide trial version will it be enough to simulate the yagi?

Hi,

AN-SOF trial version supports up to 20 segments, so you could simulate a 4 elements Yagi with 5 segments per element.

MMANA-GAL supports 512 wires and 8192 segments. It is free.

Dave

Recently, it was released **broken link removed**, which supports up to 100 segments.

you can get the design equations from antenna and waveguides by K.D. PRASAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back