Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design Compiler Operating Conditions (Warning)

Status
Not open for further replies.

juliog

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello guys,

I'm getting the following warning when compiling a design:

Warning: Operating condition WCCOM set on design c432 has different process,
voltage and temperatures parameters than the parameters at which target library
fsa0a_c_sc_tc is characterized. Delays may be inaccurate as a result. (OPT-998)

And these are my settings:

set target_library "$LIB_PATH/fsa0a_c_sc_tc.db $LIB_PATH/fsa0a_c_sc_bc.db $LIB_PATH/fsa0a_c_sc_wc.db" (Notice it's the same library, but 3 different operating conditions)

set_operating_conditions -min BCCOM -max WCCOM -min_library fsa0a_c_sc_bc -max_library fsa0a_c_sc_wc

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

It may be useful to specify the exact version of the compiler to which you are referring.

BigDog

Hi Juliog,
As you explained nicely. You are targetting Typical Corner "fsa0a_c_sc_tc" but you might forgot the corner in the correct format. It would be something like below.
set_operating_conditions -min BCCOM -max WCCOM -min_library fsa0a_c_sc_bc -max_library fsa0a_c_sc_wc -typ TCCOM -typ_library fsa0a_c_sc_tc

Please try and update this thread if worked.

-paulki

Hi,

@bigdogguru: I'm using version 2007.03-SP5

@paulki: The version of DC I'm using doesn't have a '-typ' option for this command (the command you wrote results in error). I don't think I'm targetting typical corner, I'm trying to specify extreme conditions (min_max mode).

It seems strange that DC cannot take the right library according to the specified operating conditions. And anyway, I'm setting only one target library (that consists of 3 files).

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back