Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Comparing Schematic Netlist with Layout using Allegro Tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushi8186

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to compare a layout with the schematic . I am used Allegro Design Entry for the schematics and using Allegro PADS PCB Editor for the layout .
Any suggestions on how to go about it. Also , there is Design Compare tool which i am not able to figure out how to use it exactly. I have schematic netlist formats as .net which the compare tool doesnt recognize.

Hi,

In PADS PCB there is an option under TOOLS called ECO compare. This will compare the existing PADS PCB (.pcb file) netlist and Orcad Schematics/ Schematics netlist. You will need to specify the path to Orcad schematics/ netlist. Ths does a very accurate job.

Hope this helps.

Hi ,
Thanks for the quick response. But is there any way , for doing it using Allegro tool.

Well, I don't think in Allegro DE there is a netlist compare tool. Alternately what you can also do is- generate independent netlists in a common format. That is, .ASC format from both Allegro DE and PADS PCB. And use free text editor tools such as NOTEPAD ++ to do a "Text Compare" of both netlists. That will also do the same work..

Hello Guys,

Thanks cks3976.
Update: There is a tool called Design Compare in Allegro PCB Editor which compares the netlists as wells as parts and packages.
U need too have a .xml file of the layout in order to compare from which it extracts the netlist on its own and then allows us to compare with other netlist.
Procedure:
Open your schematic in Allegro Design Entry , Create a netlist with PCB Editor and Layout ....you ll get .dat files and .mnl file. Now in PCB Editor Import the .dat files by redirecting to the folder where those are saved. Now without doing anything just save it as.brd file and then open your .brd file again in PCB Editor . This Creates your .xml file....Sorry its a long procedure , but i found it after many trial and error methods. Do the same for the layout file which u already have.
Now using design compare , load both your .xml files in it and you ll get a neat comparison of netlists.

Thanks, please let me know if you have any shortcut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back