Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multiply and Accumulate Architectures for FIR and IIR filters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naveed Ahmed

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

Has anyone done the survey on MAC architectures for digital filters in terms of performance, power consumption, less chip area? I want the details that how much work has been done on it. If yes , can you please provide the details/report of that?

Thanks alot,

Regards,
Naveed

Current Processors can compute 1 output per cycle for a 10 tap FIR filter, may take 3-4 cycles per 1 output for a 10 tap IIR filter.
Hope that helps........

Thanks for the reply chitturi,

Can you give the name/number of the processor which you are referring to (10 point FIR in 1 cycle , 10 point IIR in 3-4 cycles). If you have some documents on survey on it , can you provide the documents too?

Thanks & Regards,
Naveed

chitturi,

Thanks chitturi; The link mentioned by you is good which has assembly optimized libraries for FIR,IIR & FFT. But it doesnt have FIR,IIR in hardware :)

Regards,
Naveed

Hi Naveed,

I miss-understood your question. Thought you r looking for software based FIR/IIR.
I do not know much on the hardware implementations of it.

-suresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back