Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Low Frequency Electromagnetic Freeware

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgoody

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am looking for freeware that can calculate low frequency impedance (ac resistance, inductance, capacitance) for cables and bus bars. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

The TNT MMTL cross section solver (2D) is nice for transmission line with constant cross section.
MMTL Homepage
It is available for various operating systems, including Windows.

For a low frequency solution of arbitrary structures, "Fasthenry" and "Fastcap" might be of interest,
but I never used them myself.

I don't think, that capacitance of cables or even bus bars will be of much importance for low frequency (e.g. up to 100 kHz) circuits. For "long distance" cables, you can refer to catalog data.

The low frequency point involves, that the analysis can be pure AC magnetics (magnetostatic + skin/proximity effect) respectively electrostatic, if capacitance really matters. FastHenry is good for arbitrary 3D conductor geometries as long as permeability of materials can be ignored. You'll possibly find some situations, where large steel mounting plates should be considered in analysis.

Hello,

Try **broken link removed**. Once you install the software, there is an RLC circuit in the Examples folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back