Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

construct a Basis function to represent a sparse signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherra

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

Does anyone know how to construct a basis function (Fourier, Bayesian, wavelet function, generalized basis function...) in matlab to represent a sparse signal. The problem is I have a signal in time domain, I know it is sparse in some basis, but how to find that basis? The problem could be reformulated as as : knowing h (1000,1) in some conventional basis, I am looking for the matrix "Phi" such that , < h=Phi*h_sparse >.
h_sparse is the same as h, only represented in another basis and having lots of zeros entries.
Thanks for any help!!!

I wanted to add something to make myself clear enough. How do I choose a dictionary (overcomplete basis) in which to represent a signal, that is in time domain, to get its sparse representation?

thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back