Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which CAD system is best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buddy

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
best cad system

Hi,

I want to ask which is the best simulation cad system to use? Some suggested ones are:
1.multisim
2.orcad pspice

How about pcb routing:
1.eagle cad
2.pulsonix
3.orcad spectra

Are there better ones? Which one is easiest to learn? Which one has the best libraries? Any disadvantages? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance. 8O

best cad systems

OrCAD PSpice is best.
OrCAD with Spectra Router is best

orcad vs proteus

8) Eagle is the lowest cost and has fallowing features. ( around 1200$)
1: Very good for full manual place and route.
2: Has a Grid based auto router.
3: supports a very good Cam processor
4: Script control

Pulsonix is a new entrant and has good features ( around 6000$)

1: User interface somewhat Like Eagle and Cadstar.
2: Grid based and Shape Based Auto router (Bartels Autorouter)
3: has similation facility

Orcad is one of the best and has a very powerfull autorouter, good for digital design and high pincount designs.

Before choosing any PCB tool note that no single PCB tool has all the best features and one has to choose based on his present and future requirements.

Please note that if a work can be done with a needle we should not use a sword in that place.

Best thing to do will be to download the Demo versions and try it by youself.
Regards.

proteus vs orcad

I think
Orcad SPICE
Orcad PCB

eagle pcb simulation

Pay close attention to the data sheets for these. There is a wide variety of the maximum number of layers in the PC card layout programs can handle. Also, if you are going to do ECL differential type circuits, some programs will automatically pair off the traces and make them always the selected distance apart and equal lengths.

spectra router

Hi,
Depends on your budget first and on functions provided by each package.
If you just need simulation you can use Circuit Maker with Trax maker for PCBs. Also a more expensive one is the Multisim (ElectronicWorkbench) which is better but with higher price.
If Your main target is to design PCBs then Eagle is very good and cheap.
On top of all is PROTEL DXP2004 or Orcad Spice.
I use Protel but only for PCB production and found it very good. Its simulation capability is very good also but I have no expirience with it.
Another one alternative at low price is Proteus from Labcenter.
You've better study the specs for each one.
Regards
Platonas

eagle cad alternative

If the analog simulation is important for you I would suggests PSpice, Hspice, Siber designer
As far as I know all this has the famous Berkeley's Spice3 so in general should are equivalent.

Cadance (orcad) is good as integrated tool but I am not very happy with its PCB.
(Don't have much experience however)

The recent Protel DXP is quite powerful but needs lot of system resources.
They try to include some FPGA functionality in their system which probably is redundant for most of their users.

For more complex designs Cadance Alegro.
I trid it and my first impression is that it is not intuitive but it seems very powerful.
Can some more experienced comment?

Best Regards
Dora

top cad systems

ociredlu2 said:
I think
Orcad SPICE
Orcad PCB

You mean OrCAD Layout? I tell you is the worst. Try Eagleware.

deciding on best cad system to use

Hi,

Thanks for the info guys. But I think some simulation programs such as Orcad are really hard to use. But what I think is most important is the accuracy and reliability of the simulation. Like. some perhaps don't simulate capicitance leakage or opamp slew rate etc.

Do you guys know what is the most reliable?

Thanks again :eek:

alternative to eagle pcb

did you try Proteus ?

it's very good in simulation and the pcb

bye

Fire in the Wire :sm2:

what is the best cad system

hi,
Proteus and isis very good and simple softaware for CAD system
8)

eagle cad simulation

Electronics Workbench (Multisim)

Protel

:?:

best system for cad

Salam,

Proteus for Simulation
I have used OrCAD Layout plus for long time, it's not good.

I think PCAD or PowerPCB is very good.

SphinX

cad systems ranking

I have worked on TSPICE, it is easy to handle and the whole CMOS designing can be done using this EDA..
It works on windows systems.

orcad spectra

Proteus is very good for simulation. It's the best for microcontrollers based designs.

protel proteus orcad

cadence of course!

eagle cad spice simulation

Because it's always a matter of choice (I am not sure that there is A real best CAD system) All are quiet equivalent and propose comparable features, some are simplier than others, some provides better interface...

We could not say that a software is not good enough. They all target special type of customers.

Simulation :
For my part, I've learned PSPICE at school so, i'm still using it but haven't tried other... (But I think I'll try proteus cause it can simulation digital design with firmware capabilities for MCU)

Schematic :
My preference goes to Capture with CIS option. CIS is really important for sharing and managing component database
I've tried eagle, DxDesigner (from innoveda), PowerLogic (for a short time) and Lochmaster ( :lol: )

PCB
I used to practice on Layout for a few years (cause it is the conveniant way to make PCB when you use capture), But recently I've tried PowerPCB for a professional requierement and I must admin that the interface is clear and friendly... so, I have changed my practices and use nowadays PowerPCB

But to sum-up : all is a matter of choice...

compare proteus orcad

I'll tell u about the simulation tools...
I'm working with the model sim CAD tool, it's very powerful in the complex simulation problems...and specially the modelsim XE 5.6 version

eagle cad 0.01 alt what is it ?

eagle is the best

lochmaster import sch

I use Proteus for the MCU based simulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back