Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SIM900 & Network registration

Status
Not open for further replies.

spaccabbomm

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,
i'm playing with SIM900 (firmware version 1137B07SIM900M64_ST)
The module works fine, i power on the module and after 10/20 seconds the network is registered and fully operative.
But if i loose signal (i disconnect the antenna for example) the module takes 2/3 minute or more to reconnet to the network.
Any suggestion ?

Thank you.

Do you mean that when you disconnect antenna module looses signal and then when you reconnect the antenna with module already powered on it takes 2-3mins to register.?
If YES: I guess this is normal. Mine too takes about a min or two in that scenario. I think its in the module's firmware. It checks for network at high rate when it turns on and once it gets registered, it slows down the rate. That's just a guess, i am not sure about this.

Do you mean that when you disconnect antenna module looses signal and then when you reconnect the antenna with module already powered on it takes 2-3mins to register.?
If YES: I guess this is normal. Mine too takes about a min or two in that scenario. I think its in the module's firmware. It checks for network at high rate when it turns on and once it gets registered, it slows down the rate. That's just a guess, i am not sure about this.
Yes that's what i mean... i think too that it's related to firmware, but i'd experience with other modem and never had this beaviour.

Status
Not open for further replies.