Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence Allegro Design Entry (HDL or Capture/Capture CIS) under linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

valeriogiampa

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am able to develop the entire pcb process with cadence from schematic entry with capture/capture cis, from pcb loyout with PCB Editor and so on.
Today, in my new job, I have necessity to work with cadence in a PC linux based.
I have looked that I can start cadence from a Project Manager that I can use to manage the full pcb process from schematic entry to pcb loyout.
In the Project Manager I can run only the Allegro Design Entry HDL.
There is a Linux Version of the Cadence Allegro Design Entry Capture or Capture CIS?
It is included in an other license of the Allegro Design Entry HDL?
What is the terminal command that I have to run to start the Design Entry Capture/Capture CIS under linux?

Best regards

Valerio Giampà

Hi,

Orcad Capture/ CIS or Allegro Design Entry is a "WINDOWS ONLY" tool. You cannot use it on native Unix. Not sure if you can use WINE on Linux and operate Orcad. I have not done it myself.

That's correct. OrCAD Capture/CIS is available only on Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back