Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] problem regarding to mosfet switching and heating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaushal patel

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Respected sir,
i m implementing a N channel mosfet H bridge circuit but i faced a problem for heating of mosfet 1, which connected with the 24 volt supplies.

give me proper solution with schematic diagram

You might want to edit your post and remove the SOLVED prefix in order to get replies...

Also post your schematic so we can see what you have done

Alex

Thanks for Reply,

heae, i m going to explaining whole problem.
i would like to design to operate stepper motor with the use of mosfet.

here i am atteched the schematic.first i was checked single the mosfet swtiching,that is working properly.
further i am atteched 2 mosfet in series in between load(that has been shown in schematic).
in which the high side mosfet is going to heat with very fast speed.initially whn i was not appling any
gate pluse than it was not heat but when i applying the gate pluse it will immediatly heat(very high temprature).
my schematic diagram is very simple.
plz give me some solution.

Your high side FET will always have Vds=Vgs(Iload) across it, never driven to
minimum Ron, always dropping voltage. It's not what power MOSFETs are
made for. I have no idea what you're trying to do, the circuit looks like a
random bucket o' crazy.

thanks
let me give u schematic of h bridge circuit which is going to work properly with switching.

Status
Not open for further replies.