Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tracking Slop in RADAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

mevadapratik

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Friends,

I am working on tracking antenna for monopulse radar system. I am given specification in term of Tracking Slope......

I generated sum and difference pattern from antenna....but I don't know how Tracking Slope is calculated, what is its significance and what should be its ideal value??

Can anybody please tell me????

Please reply asap....it would be your great help...

Thank you.......

It does not sound like an actual engineering term. But my guess would be that the difference outputs may have some ripple, or not monotonic response, and that gives rise to an error in predicting where the target is.

The tracking slope is sometimes specified as the received signal level vers. a deviation angle from a point target.
Your device is to be used to point the antenna precisely on a target which is done by evaluating the pointing error- and this is expressed in degrees. You need to generate a receiver output voltage proportional to this error angle- and this results from the tracking slope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back