Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem in importing dxf file in altium

Status
Not open for further replies.

muttu.sarve

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi..
i'm new to the altium software so i dont no much about it so i need some help from you guys.

i have a cad file in .dxf file format and i'm trying to import it in my pcb. i have done with my schematic n all. when i'm importing its giving me error like this..

DXF/DWG Read Error Report
===========================================
SPLINE Unsupported Entity Skipped @@1

i dont no what error is this. so please guide me to importing dxf file in my layout.

altium doesn't support spline. you can try and save the dxf in R12 format. this might get rid of the error.

The best way to solve the problem is open the DXF in AutoCad and save it back in DXF. Personally I wrote a program to generate the shapes in Altium PcbDoc format directly from my software.

And how did you do that? I have the same problem I try it changing to R12 but the drawing its no complete :cry:

That's right!

The drawing is imported incompleted, I have lines like SPLINE and I converted my DXF to AutoCAD R12, but that doesn't solutioned the problem.

Try and use Camtastic to solve DXF import issues. Export the DXF from Camtastic and open it in PCB.

It's quite simple to make your own DXF program writer - save one empty DXF with single line inside in old ASCI DXF format to get the headers and the line definitions. Then it will be easy. A friend of mine even wrote a VB program in Excel and he managed to generate complex DXF directly from Excel. In addition DXF is well documented.

Hello,

Well a fix the problem installing AutoCad and saving the dxf file on R12, and wala.

The DXF file is a logo or some other graphical image? If it is a 2D logo or monochrome image then i can help you....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back