Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] JTAG Connectore for programming of Actel ProASIC FPGA when it is on board (APA075)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhaval004

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I am intern at Honeywell, bangalore.
We want to use Actel ProASICPlus FPGA for controlling of DDS circuit.
Actel ProASIC FPGA : APA075-TQG100
I just want to know that for in system programming which connector we need to purchase.
i.e. give me the exact details of JTAG connector for above actel FPGA and tell me that from where I can get that and price also.

I would use a 10-pin 0.1" header as needed with an Actel FlashPro3 or FlashPro4 programming adapter. See the FlashPro User's guide for details.

I would use a 10-pin 0.1" header as needed with an Actel FlashPro3 or FlashPro4 programming adapter. See the FlashPro User's guide for details.

Thanks, I am asking for the programming kit. Which things I need to purchase to program proasicplus on board.
See the link, and tell me which is required? Flash Pro is for all family and Flash Pro Lite is for ProASICPlus Family.

FlashPro

If I purchase flash pro lite kit then do i need to purchase any other thing separately (i.e any kind of JTAG connector) or every thing including JTAG connector will also come with that?

I didn't notice, that you are using legacy ProAsicplus. It requires in fact a different programmer and uses a different connector. FlashPro4 and 10-pin header is good for all recent Actel devices.

P.S.: You need to place a 26-Pin header for the FlashProLite connection, which is a standard part available from catalog distributors, but not that common as the 10-Pin connector. A part number is told in the user manual.

The appropriate SAMTEC micro connector target cable for this is:
Samtec FFSD-13-D-12.00-01-N.

P.P.S.: I reviewed the specification, it's a bit misleading. The part number is of the IDC cable, on the board, you need a 26-pin 0.05" pin header.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.