Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where to by a dynamic mic

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerodegreec

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Looking for source to buy some dynamic mics. All I find on Mouser and the like are Electret mics. I am not looking for a stage mic, just the component. What am I doing wrong in my search?

They are hard to find. The manufacturers show up but seem to be aligned to sell to OEMs only. You can get a complete dynamic microphone for less than $10. The Nady SP-1 and similar products from Sony and Audio-Technica are widely available. Most of the wired microphones made for old cassette recorders and kids karaoke machines are dynamics so you might do well at a thrift store.

**broken link removed**

Sony FV100 Omni-Directional Dynamic Microphone : Microphones | RadioShack.com
RadioShack Universal Cassette Recorder Microphone : Microphones & accessories | RadioShack.com

**broken link removed**

If you don't need hi-fi then you can use a speaker or headphone element.

It's practically the same thing as a dynamic mic. A coil close to a magnet.

However the mic resistance is 100 to 1000 ohms, whereas speaker impedance is typically 4 to 50 ohms.

The amplifier circuit will be different. Here's a sample.

www3.telus.net/chemelec/Projects/Spkr-Mic/Spkr-mic.htm

A search should turn up schematics using an op amp, if that would be preferable.

Thank you very much aduiomik exactly what I am looking for.

After your thread with problems with Electret capsules, am guessing this might be for your Rally Car helmets;-)

If you still get instability/feedback problems, double check that you have the common return (ground) wire connected correctly as in your diagram in the other thread.
Also there is a possibility of acoustic feedback when the helmet is not being worn as there won't be much to stop the microphone picking up the earpieces.

good luck
Mik

Status
Not open for further replies.