Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

İ need comment on my Soft start circuit drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.

weber

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
here is my drawing;
i design it to use as soft start for my smps step down converter.When i connect my smps to 60v battery, it is exploding by %20 probabilty(some of ic exploding then output of smps becomes short circuit because of these ic ,after smps fails). When i connect a ntc to input, it is not helping after warms up.
I want to use this circuit for maximum 1A and maximum 70 v input.
Before make it, i want your comments on this circuit.Part numbers are not cruical. My be i can eliminate D5 that is between D2 and C1 so it can be work also as a soft shutdown.
rvdlec.jpg

I don't understand how this is a soft start circuit. Normally soft start functionality is built into the SMPS controller, not into the DC bus. Are you just trying to limit inrush current or something? Because this circuitry can't really do that effectively (except the NTC, which helps, and maybe the inductor).

Status
Not open for further replies.