Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simple cross couple LC tank negative transconductance oscillator

Status
Not open for further replies.

yxue

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am designing a simple cross couple LC tank negative transconductance oscillator. but it doesn't work now. Here is my circuit description:
1. I have tunning the transistor size to make negative resistor equal -2/gm, and the load parrellel resistor is a little large than this value, so it should oscillate right?
2. I have tried different ways of start condition: set the cross couple output lines as 0 and 1, set them simultaneously as 1 or 0, put a pwl voltage source as supply with a little started pulse, put isource on each pair with a little start pulse.
But it still doesn't work, I mean no oscillate wave at the output when I ran the transient simulation. any idea with this guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.