Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

two-stage OP-AMP by using ORCAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

kokor

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi every one
PLZ can any one help me for these equations :
I now design tow-stage OP-AMP by using ORCAD(PSPICE) simulation so my equations are:

1-what are the names for transistors (PMOS ,NMOS)that must used?
for examble(POWMOS,breakout,...,etc) that i take it from Library.

2-from where i get the parameters that will be inside the transistors for examble(COX,TOX,Kp,Kn,....,etc)
Note: i design for level 1 with Process 1um.

3-when I compute the(Cgs,cgd)the equation is the values for(Cgs,Cgd)will take as:
Cgd=W*Cox*Xov or Cgd=Cox*Xov the same as for Cgs.
becous thess values for capactances will be inside transistor paramerters in PSPICE.

PLZ I quation so much for Cgd and Cgs these take as Cgd=W*Cox*Xov or Cgd=Cox*Xov the same as for Cgs.

Re: Plz Help me i need this informations for my research plz

You should not use powermos for your application. These are power MOSFET primarily meant for power switching application.
You can get these parameters from foundry. These may also be available freely on web. Try Google

thank you for your answer
can i use breakout that found in ORCAD library?
what is name for transistor that use in tow-stage OP AMP?
thank you agine

Yes, you can use parts from breakout, however you need to modify the model parameter to match the process node. with default parameter set you may not get desired results.

thank you very much agine
ok I will use breakout.
from where can I get parameters such that(Cox,Kp,Kn,Tox,....etc)?
yet I design tow-stage OP AMP 1u meter.

hi
hop are fit in fine there

my dear friend its short form 1=(PMOS) meen P-chanal mosfet & 2=(NMOS)N-chanal mosfet
(powmos) power mosfet
ok
bye

Dear friend
I'd ask about the length of the channel parameters for one Micro Meter.
Whether you have them give me or even that there were at the site of the internet and I am very grateful to you and thank you for helping me.

If you are designing for a real design, you get the parameters from your foundry. If it's a circuit design exercise, ask your supervisor or tutor. There are some typical design parameters available on the internet, that are often used for academic purposes. E.g. these CMOSedu.com https://cmosedu.com/cmos1/cmosedu_models.txt

Reactions: kokor

kokor

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
If you are designing for a real design, you get the parameters from your foundry. If it's a circuit design exercise, ask your supervisor or tutor. There are some typical design parameters available on the internet, that are often used for academic purposes. E.g. these CMOSedu.com https://cmosedu.com/cmos1/cmosedu_models.txt

Possible to teach me my dear friend, with pictures if possible How are the following:
1 - Calculate the following capacities Cgs, Cgd, when the account and whether taking into account the division on the width of the channel?
2 - Can you teach me how to measure the phase margin and slew rate?
I am currently designing a two-stage OP AMP.
Thank you

You find many discussions at edaboard related to phase margin measurement of OPs, e.g. https://www.edaboard.com/threads/220384/

While phase margin is determined in an AC simulation, slew rate need a transient simulation. The OP is wired in a defined amplifier configuration, e.g. +1 or -1 gain and large signal step applied to the input.

Reactions: kokor

kokor

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
You find many discussions at edaboard related to phase margin measurement of OPs, e.g. https://www.edaboard.com/threads/220384/

While phase margin is determined in an AC simulation, slew rate need a transient simulation. The OP is wired in a defined amplifier configuration, e.g. +1 or -1 gain and large signal step applied to the input.

thank you my frind
what about quation one?

Status
Not open for further replies.