Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Conversion of MATLAB (.m) coding into Verilog HDL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All

I am doing a project in which i have to convert image encryption MATLAB code into Verilog HDL language code and then implemented it on DE2 Board. I have already searcehd a lot of questions regarding this matter but every one said that you have to write MATLAB code either into Embedded MATLAB code or on Simulink. My question is that is this possible that i write a code in simple MATLAB coding means in .m extension (not on Simulink or in Embedded MATLAB code) and convert it into Verilog HDL Langugae. Because i have only .m extension MATLAB code to convert.

Looking forward for a positive response and thanking all in advance.

Thanks Regards

if you want to convert a matlab code into VHDL or verolig , you must write it in embedded matlab form

You can also use Simulink for this purpose but for this you have to write a new code. In my opinion you can't convert the already made code into HDL language.

Yes,

You can write your mat-lab code in verilog, for that you has to understand your mat-lab code in terms of hardware and then you has to design architecture of similar functionality and then you can write you rtl code.

Hope you get the point.

Regards,
Shitans Vaghela

Yes,

You can write your mat-lab code in verilog, for that you has to understand your mat-lab code in terms of hardware and then you has to design architecture of similar functionality and then you can write you rtl code.

Hope you get the point.

Regards,
Shitans Vaghela

Hi Shitans,

I'm now working on a project which requires conversion of Matlab code (Golden ref) to Verilog code.
I understand that it is easier to convert Matlab -> Embedded Matlab -> Verilog.
But is there some doc or website that speaks about one to one correlation between Matlab and Verilog constructs?

Thanks.
Madhu

Fortunately there is no document, the easiest way.

First understand functionality of mat-lab code and then think in terms of hardware and write HDL code accordingly.

Regards,
Shitansh Vaghela

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back