Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

"No similar net" LVS error HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tasctasc

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm running an LVS and I get "no similar net" errors for almost every net. I've used "mark net" to check the layout and I'm pretty certain it is correct. Any ideas?

Hi,

Your info. is too limited.
It can be all sorts of things - your instances not being recognized, your pins not being extracted, etc. , etc.
Not only do you have to check layout visually, sometimes you have to check the settings when running LVS.
E.g. case-sensitive LVS run will not match Net_1400_arc_1iN42_net_veryConfusing_141551_bus_115 with Net_1400_arc_1IN42_net_veryConfusing_141551_bus_115
Is device extraction working ok (parallel/serial devices may have been merged)?
Have you accidentally named normal connections to instance with bus naming style?
Does the LVS see a short connection with substrate layers which the "mark net" doesn't recognize? (I'm assuming you're using Virtuoso "mark net" command)

Best regards,
I-FAB

Thank you I-FAB,
It turned out the problem was an ideal resistor in the schematic that I was simulating with and had forgotten about.
Thank you again. Your suggestions are useful to keep in mind.
Kind regards,
Tas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back