Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Current mirrors: Can we operate current mirrors in linear region of operation

Status
Not open for further replies.

terebin4

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Since current mirrors give exact replica of input when both devices have same Vgs and they must operate in saturation region, (with channel length modulation neglected, and same sizing)
So can we operate Current mirrors in linear region by some modification or what parameters I need to keep in mind during operation in linear region operation of MOS current mirrors, and what would be the result of this.

can anybody give me any suggestions on that ...

Thanks in advance ..

I thought current mirrors operate in their linear region by design. If they are in saturation, then they can't very well act as mirrors. Or, I could be wrong.

I think terebin4 is talking about FET transistors, not BJTs.

The main problem I see with operating a current mirror in the linear region is that its output impedance will be much lower.

Yes, I am talking about MOS transistors not for BJT's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back