Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MPLABX vs v8??? (& Sure WIFI DemoBoard sourcecode problem sorted...!.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

polo-g40

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
As the background to this,
I've been struggling getting a microchip TCPIP stack based spplication, that came with the demoboard, working properly... In seconds I managed to compile it using C30 by taking out references to "ULToA()"'s. After programming the board with the compiled source, the CLI would work, the wifi and ICMP layers were working (I could join my wifi network, and ping the board with it's DHCP assigned address) but as soon as I asked for a webpage it would lock, both CLI and ICMP would stop responding until a reboot....

The supplied HEX file made the demoboard work perfectly as a web-server, serving files off a mini-SD card, and lighting LED's using an active-page supplied...

I've been looking at MPLABX anyway, so in desperation I tried installing it hoping for some difference in my web-board. Its in a Fedora unix VM on the same PC, so I know its the same source code folder. I imported the (v8) project, compiled it (after being asked to set a heap, and changing the "large" memory model options) and programmed it...... AND IT ALL WORKED!!!! :)

So I'd like to do all this in my MPLAB8, what is the difference in the compilers, Windows C30 vs Unix C30? If I compile it on the "X" machine, can I move everything to the Windows MPLAB8 and single step debug it?

Kind regards
NEAL

Hi Polo,

I know this is an old topic but did you ever find an answer to this one? I've spent two days compiling and its a no go when accessing web pages :x

-PsI

Status
Not open for further replies.